13 Jun 2022
- STAR INDIA wins India IPL TV rights with their bid of Rs 23,575 crores
- Viacom18 bags digital rights with its winning bid of Rs 23,758 crores
- Viacome18 wins Aus, SA, UK
- Times have got MENA (Middle East & North Africa) & US, who wins the Rest of the World Rights
- IPL touches a new high with e-auction resulting in INR 48,390 crores value.
- IPL is now the 2nd most valued sporting league in the world in terms of per match value
India has seen a digital revolution & the sector has endless potential. The digital landscape has changed the way cricket is watched. It has been a big factor in the growth of the game & the Digital India vision.
The IPL is as popular outside India as it is here and the viewers will be able to enjoy top-class cricket.
The BCCI will utilize the revenue generated from IPL to strengthen our domestic cricket structure starting from grassroots, to boost infrastructure and spruce up facilities across India and enrich the overall cricket-watching experience.
Now, it’s time for our state associations, IPL Franchises to work together with the IPL to enhance the fan experience and ensure that our biggest stakeholder – ‘the cricket fan’ is well looked after and enjoys high quality cricket in world-class facilities.
-Jay Shah ( Honorary Secretary @BCCI | President- Asian Cricket Council